Pushkar Camel Fair 2014 photography tour | Photography tours Rajasthan 2014 | India photography tours
Pushkar Camel Fair 2014 photo holiday details:
- The tour package: What's in, out, optional
- Overall weather for the region at time of tour:
- Dry, sunny, highs around 35°C (95°F), lows around 20°C (68°F).
- Detailed chart.
- Activity/fitness rating:
- Easy for most averagely fit people.
- Getting there and back:
- Flying to New Delhi: Aim to arrive latest [TBA] afternoon to get to hotel, settle in and meet up at 18:00.
- Flying back home: Plan on being back in New Delhi around [TBA] subject to traffic.
- Price up your flights at Kayak from London, New York, Boston, Chicago, San Francisco — but don't buy tickets until we've confirmed your trip.
- Travel documents: Foreigners need a visa.
- Travellers' health: Advice for India:
- Non-shooting companions: Very welcome on this tour
- Itinerary likely to be fascinating experience even for non-shooters
- Plenty of optional, customised diversions, excursions, sight-seeing, pampering and experiences possible
We include as much as possible in the price of our tours: see the full spec below. But if you're in a hurry right now, it might be simpler to see what you need to budget for in addition to the photo holiday price:
- Not included: Airfares between your home city and Delhi
- Not included: Most of your lunches (returning to the hotel for lunch can eat into shooting and sightseeing time, so lunches tend to be about grabbing a sandwich or whatever you fancy — this is really cheap and tasty fun in India). At Pushkar Camel Fair itself, your lunches are included.
- Not included: Stuff you consume or do on your own outside planned group activities
- Not included: Drinks, beverages and snacks
- Not included: Room service, items of personal nature and incidentals, telephone charges, entrance fees not mentioned in the full specification below, video-camera fees, tips, mandatory travel insurance, passport and Indian visa fees.
- Not included: Tips: We operate a tipping kitty on our tours. Contributions are optional but convenient and we encourage you to contribute e.g. £25 or €30 or $40 once and for all, then forget about tipping for the rest of the tour. The entire kitty is distributed to the staff you deal with on the tour: driver, driver's assistant, tour coordinator, guides, porters, doormen, etc.
|Tour name||Pushkar Camel Fair, Diwali in Rajasthan and the Golden Triangle|
|Countries of travel||India|
|Tour price||£TBA sharing twin room, £TBA single room (Any non-GBP prices quoted are pegged to these GBP prices; non-GBP prices are for guidance only. All prices are subject to change without notice if significant changes occur in exchange rates and local costs.)|
|Duration||15 days 14 nights|
|Start date and time||TBA|
|Start point||Reception of chosen New Delhi hotel (Hotel will be advised in trip notes closer to travel date)|
|End date and time||TBA (Approx. time of arrival by coach in New Delhi)|
|End point||New Delhi; (Courtesy drop-off at New Delhi hotel en route or to Indira Gandhi International Airport, New Delhi)|
|Included air travel||None (none required within tour)|
|Included railway travel||New Delhi-Jaisalmer Overnight sleeper train (1 night) 1st Class Air Conditioned Sleeper. Accommodation is either a 4-berth shared cabin or a 2-berth shared cabin.|
|Included road travel||Private air-conditioned mini-bus with free chilled water and chilled face towels.|
|Accommodation||Hotel (13 nights) on a twin-share basis (unless the single option is taken); Class: Heritage (“Haveli”) hotels, 3* hotels or better. All accommodation is air-conditioned with attached cold and hot water bathrooms. Overnight sleeper train (1 night) 1st Class Air Conditioned Sleeper.|
|Included meals||Breakfasts (14); Lunches (3); Dinners (14). One breakfast and one dinner is a simple packed meal for eating on the train. The other breakfasts and dinners are typically hotel buffets with vegetarian options.|
|Included rides, excursions, encounters and cultural events||All group road travel as per itinerary. Camel ride/safari at sand dunes in Jaisalmer; Jeep safari tour to Bishnoi Village, Jodhpur; Marwari horses at Narlai; Hot air balloon flight at Pushkar (see Notes below).|
|Included transfers||Transfer between Indira Gandhi International Airport and hotel on Day 1; Group transfer to New Delhi railway station on Day 2; transfer within Delhi on arrival from Jaipur, to Indira Gandhi International Airport or New Delhi hotels on Day 15.|
|Included entrance and camera fees||For one still camera only, in: Jaisalmer: Jaisalmer Fort; Jodhpur: Mehrangarh Fort, Jaswant Thada; Jaipur: Amber Fort, Hawa Mahal, Nahangarh Fort.|
|Tour leader and guides||A tour leader (in addition to our Shoot Director) is included to accompany the trip throughout and ensure smooth running. At certain destinations, a local English-speaking tour guide is included.|
|Shoot Director||The services of a professional English-speaking photographer are included in the price. The photographer will provide you with photography instruction and guidance throughout the tour.|
|Inclusions||Items and activities mentioned in the tour itinerary and also mentioned above are included. Items and activities mentioned in the tour itinerary and not mentioned above are not included. These items and activities will typically be free of charge or at nominal cost.|
|Exclusions||Optional activities; Anything not mentioned in this Full Specification. Please see our Booking Conditions, which form part of this Specification.|
|Notes||Important: The Tour Itinerary outlines a target plan for the duration of the tour, and we've worked hard to make these planned opportunities happen. However, the Shoot Director may vary the tour itinerary as he or she sees fit. In particular, although we book the hot air balloon as far in advance as practical, unpredictable factors including flying conditions and local demand may prevent us from flying as planned. If we don't fly, you'll get a refund of the hot air balloon element of the tour price. All times and times of day are approximate and subject to change.|